welcome

welcome

lunedì 24 ottobre 2011

Italian sport in shock after death of Simoncelli

SEPANG: Italian sport was in shock on Sunday after Marco Simoncelli died following a crash at the Malaysian MotoGP motorcycle race. He was 24.

The Italian died of chest, head and neck injuries after he lost control of his Honda at turn 11 four minutes into the race, and swerved across the track, straight into the path of American Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi of Italy.

Rossi, a good friend of Simoncelli's, was too emotional to say anything.

In Italy, there was a minute's silence before all football matches and players wore black armbands as a tribute to the young rider.

"Today is one of the saddest days of my presidency," said Gianni Petrucci, president of Italian sport's governing body CONI. "The tragic death of Marco Simoncelli has deeply upset and shaken me.

"Life is sacred and you can't die at the age of 24 for a race. I hoped right until the end that Marco could do it. I saw the pain and anguish of his father who was there by his side ... We are all with his family in mourning the death of a champion. An inconceivable death which has stunned Italian sport. For this reason we decided that all sport today should honor him with a minute's silence."

Simoncelli's helmet was ripped off in the incident and he lay motionless on the track after the collision. He had been fourth at the end of the first lap.
The other two riders were unhurt.



13 commenti:

  1. I saw the MotoGP races few times because it isn't one of my favourites sports. But MARCO was, maybe the only one, who I liked.. As soon as I herd that terrible news I couldn't believe it! I was and I'm still really sad, a very nice guy died doing what he loved more. I'm very sorry also for his family, his friends, his fans.. SIMONCELLI would have certainly been the champion of the world in a little time, one of the bests! Bye SIC! :(

    RispondiElimina
  2. heaven has a new champion...

    RispondiElimina
  3. The died of Marco Simoncelli was orrible thing! I got bad (= m'è preso a male). He was nice and beatiful boy. I feel sorry for him and his family. Goodbye Sic :'(

    RispondiElimina
  4. I saw that MotoGP race live and I'm really sorry for him, his family, his fans!
    Marco was a champion and he was called "Little Rossi"
    Afetr this news sport's world is in shock!

    RispondiElimina
  5. I'm really sorry for this fact even if I don't like Moto GP..But he was a very young boy, he was only 24!! It's orrible die in this way. All the people will remember him as a CHAMPION, surely.

    RispondiElimina
  6. I saw the news of Simoncelli's death on facebook, and at the beginning I couldn't believe it!
    But I have my doubt on his death, he seems like a dead body even before the fatal contact with Rossi and Edwards...

    RispondiElimina
  7. R.I.P Marco... Such an exciting talent lost. My thoughts are with his family, friends and everyone who knows him... Sometimes Motorsport can be so cruel...

    RispondiElimina
  8. I don't follow this sport, but last sunday I watched the television news about this fact and I was shocked. I'm so sad for him and especially for his family..

    RispondiElimina
  9. It has been terrible for me too. I think it's not fair dying so young. The only advice I can give you is:
    Take care!!Life is only one.
    your teacher

    RispondiElimina
  10. I've heard about the death of Simoncelli and also if I don't follow moto GP races I'm so sorry because he was a young boy and it shouldn't happen to anyone to die in this way. And I'm sorry for his family and all those who had loved him too...

    RispondiElimina
  11. Like Lello I didn't see moto Gp a lot because I don't like it but Marco was a special person and he didn't deserve to die in this way. Are always the best to leave us.

    RispondiElimina
  12. I sometimes heard him in a Dr Ringo radio program...he was a great person and we'll miss him!!! :'(

    RispondiElimina
  13. I'm really sorry for marco.he was my favorite pilot

    RispondiElimina