welcome

welcome

venerdì 23 marzo 2012

Students' interviews

About London
What’s living in London like?
Great, cool, expensive. They like it but too many people.

What do you think is worth visiting in London?
Parks (Hyde Park, St. James Park), entertainment (theatres, cinema).

What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a big city like London?
There is everything but it is expensive, good transport, six airports (maybe too much)  good galleries,  entertainment,  a lot of things to do, but too noisy, crowd, smelly.

What do you think of having the Olimpic Games in your country?
There will be too many people, too crowdy, it’s a stupid idea, a parody, there is bad preparation, a lot of rubbish.

About Italy
Have you ever been to Italy?  What do you know about Italy? Would you like to visit Italy?
Man: Yes,  Italian people are crazy, he likes them. He said that French and Italian people are similar and the food is good.
       Young girl: Yes, she went to Florence. She enjoyed museums and arts. She’d like to come back.
       Old lady: Yes, she went to Venice and she would like to return there. The food is delicious. 
Lifestyle
     What are you feelings about living under a monarchy?
     No feelings, It is hystorical, it’s expensive, a president is cheaper.


INTERVIEW NUMBER ONE
A:What’s living in London like?
B : London is a big city and there is all that you need, but it is stressful to live here.
A :What do you think it’s worth visiting in London?
B:There are lots of  places you have to visit in London. Of course you have to see Big Ben,                     Buckingham Palace, and the Natural History Museum.
A: What are the disadvantages and the advantages of living in a big city like London?
B: As I told you there are a lot of services but there is too much noise and pollution.
A: What do you think of having the Olympic Games in your country?
B: Of course, I’m proud.
A: Have you ever been to Italy?
B: Yes, Italy is a beautiful country and I love it. I went to Rome, Venice and other beautiful cities.
A: What’s  the most beautiful Italian city you visited in your opinion?
B: Venice, of course.
A: Are there any other cities you  would like to visit in Italy?
B: I only would like to return to Venice.
A: Ok. Thank you good bye.
B: Are there any trips in Italy I won?
A: No, I’m sorry.
B:Ok, good bye.
A: Good bye.

INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO
A :What do you think it’s worth visiting in London?
B: I think The London eye is the best.
A: Have you ever been to Italy?
B: No
A: How do you usually spent your time when you go out with friends?
B: With my friends I usually go shopping here in Camden, but when we are in the city centre we visit museums or go to Piccadilly Circus.
A: What kind of tv program do you usually watch?
B: I like documentaries and American fictions.
Which football team do you support?
B: I support Arsenal
What is living under a monarchy  like?
B: In my opinion living under a monarchy is normal.


What do you think is worth visiting in London?
Houses of Parliament and Brixton markets.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a big city like London?
Advantages:                     1. Meet many foreigners;
                                           2. Learn English well.
Disadvantages:                1. London is expensive;
                                           2. There are a lot of criminals.
                                                                                                        
What do you think of having Olimpic Games in your contry?
It’s excellent.
Would you like to visit Italy?
Yes, because there are very nice people, very nice places and good food.
Have you ever been to  Italy?
Yes, I went to Venice, Milan, Rimini and Rome.

Which football team do you support?
Arsenal, of course.

What do you think about Olympic games in London 2012?
Well, I think it’s a huge waste of money. I don’t think that London needs them and neither that they will be useful; however I think that the town is ready for them.  Instead, I’d rather have used the money reserved to them to improve the educational system or hospitals, that London really needs.
-------------------------
What do you think about living in London?
Even if it’s a really stressful and expensive town, it’s a very cosmopolitan city. You know, you see all kinds of people just by walking on the streets and it’s fantastic.
What do you think about Olympic games in London 2012?
Actually I’m leaving for that period.
Why?
Living here it’s going to be a hell. There will be people everywhere and staying in town will be impossible. Also, I think that there’s a lot of hypocrisy going around the Olympics games.
Have you ever been to Italy?
Yes, two times, mainly because of football, because I’m a supporter of the Queen’s Park Rangers. I went to Palermo for the first time and to Naples the second. It was really nice and I loved southern Italy.
What are your thoughts about monarchy?
Recently I found that  young people are getting more and more in touch with the Queen and the Royal family. It’s a symbol for the United Kingdom and I think people are still happy with it.

About London :
1)It is stressful , because people always rush and are under  pressure .Maybe , who comes only for the Olympic Games  can enjoy a beautiful  experience  but for us citizens is tiring and noisy .
2) Well… the main point  Is not to visit London and move only by underground but walking and look around you , it’s a shame that  you  have  come in the period in which all the buildings are in renovation for the Olympics .
3) London is a very cosmopolitan city and you can meet all kind of people . Furthermore it has optimal services and a very functional underground .
About Italy :
1)Yeah(smell of marijuana) , I’ve been to Italy twice . The first time in Palermo for a soccer game and the second in Naples and it was a beautiful and funny experience .


About London
What’s living in London like?
  1. Busy, lots of things to do.
  2. Amazing. I love it. There’s lots to do.
  3. Amazing. It’s a really powerful , multicultural and vibrant city.
What do you think is worth visiting in London?
  1. Tate Modern, V&A, National Portrait Gallery, Portobello, Camden.
  2. The centre of London.
  3. Everything, from the most topic touristic places to the less known.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a big city like London?
  1. Expensive travel.
  2. It’s quite annoying.
  3. You can do everything; the disadvantages are distances, price of transportation and houses (expensive).
What do you think of having the Olimpic Games in your country?
  1. It’s exciting.
  2. Good, but it’s gonna be busy , lots of traffic.
  3. Nice , great opportunity for the city. It will be a good period to make money.

About Italy
Have you ever been to Italy?
  1. No
  2. Yes, in the country.
  3. Yes, in Rome, Florence, Venice, Parma, Naples.
What do you know about Italy?
  1. Nothing.
  2. Anything.
  3. My parents are Italians. I like the food, the spirit of people and the language.
Would you like to visit Italy?
  1. Yes.
  2. Yes, I would.
  3. I would like to visit Sicily and Sardinia.

Lifestyle
Where do you usually spend your time when you go out with friends/family?
  1. Pubs, bars, park.
  2. Clubs.
  3. I go around the city, go shopping but not only to spend money because I like the atmosphere.
What kind of tv programme do you usually watch?
  1. Music, soaps.
  2. Television series like Gossip Girls, Desperate Housewives and documentaries.
  3. Tv series, news.
Have you ever thought to leave your country? Why/ Why not?
  1. No.
  2. I’m not sure, but if I should I would go to Israel.
  3. I’m from Venezuela and I’ve never thought I was moving to another country, but I’ve been here for 3 years.
What football team do you support?
  1. I hate football.
  2. Arsenal.
  3. I don’t support any football team but in the World Cup I support Italy and Argentina.
What are your feelings about living under a monarchy?
  1. I don’t know.
  2. I don’t have any views on it.
  3. I think it’s anachronistic.
Plans
What are your plans for the future?
  1. I don’t know.
  2. I would have family, but I don’t know.
  3. I would like to work for an English newspapers.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento